Hi loves! How are you doing?! Today is is the stop of Racing To Love by Amy Gregory's blog tour in Journey with Books. We'll get to know more about this book and also about Ms. Amy Gregory.
Title: Racing to Love
Author: Amy Gregory
Date Published: 6/7/2012
Publisher: Sapphire Star Publishing
From the outside, Molly West had everything, beauty, brains, and a career she’d retired from not once, but twice. Being in the limelight and in a sport that was male driven, she was often surrounded by men. She ignored first the boys, and as she got older, the men. Her cold shoulder and patented not a chance in hell look were usually enough to get her point across. Molly had no plans in changing what was a perfectly good system. That is until she walked into the pits.
Carter Sterling had traveled the racing circuit since he was a boy. He’d heard all the old standbys, She’s out there somewhere, love comes along when you least expect it. Good things come to those that… Yeah, he’d heard them all. The last place he expected to meet the love of his life was on a pro track. All she did was smile, and he knew, looking into her sapphire blue eyes, Molly West was his. Forever.
If it was only that easy. From the moment he laid eyes on her, he had a gripping feeling in him. An overwhelming need to protect her—a girl he’d just met. Carter had learned a long time ago that gut feelings are almost never wrong. Molly now held his heart in her hands, but it was going to take a lot more than just love to protect her from the past she thought she’d buried a long time ago.
What I liked:
- The plot was interesting. It wasn't the most original but I think the author owned it and made it more interesting and gave it more depth.
- The characters are very well developed and well presented. You sympathize and empathize with these characters as if they were your friends. Molly is an interesting character to get to know. She's vulnerable because her past has affected her life but she's also a strong girl. I love seeing her get stronger and more independent.
- I also appreciated the characters relationship with each other. I think it added to the angst and excitement of the story.
- I also love the secondary characters. they definitely made reading this book so much fun.
What I didn't like:
- Going in, I knew that this book is going to be about a whirlwind romance but I think this is too fast for me. I didn't appreciate how the romance progressed too fast. Don't get me wrong, Carter and Molly do share a lot of chemistry but my enjoyment in reading their romance was greatly diminished by how fast it got, considering Molly's trauma. It wasn't that believable. Molly is supposed to be really wary and scared of men and yet she let Carter do things, a girl who experienced trauma wouldn't let a guy do especially on their first meeting. That just don't happen.
Overall, I still enjoyed reading this book despite its flaws. I think Amy Gregory wrote a very nice romance book that is full of wit and fun without sacrificing its depth. The mystery is a nice added touch to it. I recommend this to all those who loves a whirlwind romance with a twist in it.
Author BioAmy Gregory leads an incredibly active lifestyle in Kansas City with her husband and their three fantastic kids who keep them running in three very different directions. When she’s not rushing her oldest daughter to tumbling, her youngest daughter to music lessons, or sitting track-side watching her son practice motocross, she’s taking the few minutes in between to scribble the next pages in her Racing to Love series.
When asked, “When do you have time to write?” Amy Gregory giggles. “In bits and pieces,” she says.
Amy is known for her snarky, off the cuff sense of humor, which you’ll find shining through in the characters she’s created. Her debut novel, Racing to Love, Carter’s Treasure, is set for release June 7, 2012.
I’ve spent my whole life trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, and now I’ve finally found it. – Amy Gregory
Twitter - @AmyGregory548