Hi everyone! Welcome to Now or Never Blog Tour stop here at Journey with Books. In this stop you'll know more about the Now or Never by Ms. Jamie Canosa. I've read this book and you'll know more about my thoughts and feelings for this amazing book.
To move on,
Leave the past behind,
And build a new life with Jay.
That’s all Em wanted. After everything they’d been through together, they were both overdue their ‘happily ever after’. Too bad the world doesn’t work that way. Memories last longer than dreams and Em’s fears continue to plague her both day and night, interfering with that new life she so desperately craves.
To start over,
Secure a future,
And give Em the life she deserves.
That was Jay’s plan, but the past isn’t done with them, yet. While Em still struggles to overcome the ghosts of her past, Jay is forced to come face to face with his. When the skeletons in his closet step back into the light, Jay must decide what he will do—and what he will sacrifice—to protect Em from them.
Against all odds, Em and Jay are on the verge of having everything they’ve ever wanted. They’ve fought for it before, but is their love strong enough to endure any more heartache? The time has come for each of them to choose for themselves whether or not they will allow the past to continue to corrupt their future. And, together, they must decide, will it be . . . NOW OR NEVER?
Now or Never is the second book of Fight or Flight by Ms. Jamie Canosa. It's a really good follow up of Jay and Em's love story.
I planned to simplify this review for all of you, so here it goes:
What I Liked:
- The book cover is simply amazing! They say that books aren't supposed to be judged by its cover and I know it's somewhat true but all of us had to admit that good book covers does have a big factor in us picking it up. So it's A+++ for the book cover.
- The plot is good. I loved the fact that Ms. Jamie Canosa wrote it realistically. Jay and Em didn't magically got it all figured out. They weren't magically fixed and happily ever after didn't just dropped on their laps. The Fight or Flight's ending was kinda rushed but I think this book made up for it.
- The romance and the chemistry can be really felt. I love Jay and Em although they are so frustrating at times in this book. Their chemistry is so good. I also love the secondary characters' chemistry. They have it and I'm waiting for it to bloom if Ms. Jamie Canosa decides to write about it.
- The characters are relatable and somehow likable. Jay and Em are not perfect. They have doubts and their belief in themselves is still quite shaky. It's frustrating but realistic enough and maybe that's why I appreciated these two so much.
- I enjoyed reading the interactions between the characters. Not just with Jay and Em but also the secondary characters. There are new characters in this book that I'm sure you'll enjoy getting to know.
- The angst is fab! I love angst in my reads and this one has a lot of it. The frustration and the madness of it all is something you'll really feel. I liked it that way. I enjoyed riding out the various emotions this book evoked on me.
- The flow of the story is also nice. The pacing is easy and smooth which I really appreciate.
What I Didn't Like:
- I can't think of anything right now. I guess I'm easy to please.
Overall, I recommend this to anyone who wants a somewhat realistic romance. If you want your next romance read to be full of angst, love and a bit of realism then this book is for you. This isn't fluffy nor light. It will give you the roller coaster ride of emotions!
Jamie Canosa is a full time author of YA literature, which she absolutely loves. When she’s not writing or spending time with her family, she can usually be found with her nose in a book. She currently resides in Ravena, NY with her wonderful husband and three crazy kids . . . plus the dog, the bird and the rabbit.