Author: Michele Richard
Date Published: April 3rd 2012
Publisher: Renaissance Romance Publishing
Angelique is the leader of a special team whose job it is to keep the “normals” from knowing of the parasouls’ existence. Her gift is also a curse, leaving her physically unable to touch another living soul without inflicting indescribable pain upon them.
The Parasoul Acquisition Control Taskforce hunts them for what they are.
Shane is the headhunter for the taskforce. Like Angelique, he’s never been able to touch anyone due to his gift of red and orange flames that singes the flesh of others.
The moment Shane and Angelique meet, the heavens open and connect their souls forever. So what happens when Shane finds himself trapped between the only thing he’s ever desired and his job? He has no choice but to deliver the one person who owns his soul over to his bosses, the government’s taskforce? Which side is the good, the bad, and the dictators?
They’re both in for a rude awakening.
Can love conquer all when you’re supposed to hate the one soul you cannot live without? How long can they fight the urge to give in to their connection? Can two parasouls on opposite sides find common ground and forge a future?
This isn't the first time I've read Michele Richard's work. As always, Ms. Michele Richard wrote a fiction that would definitely make the reader feel the intensity of the feelings of LOVE and she added something new to it, 2 warring groups of intense and interesting individuals with special powers!
I'm trying something new with this review. I'm going to make it as bullet list of what I liked and what I didn't.
What I liked:
- The world that Ms. Michele Richard created in this book is quite interesting and I liked that. The mystery alone, makes the reader to want more.
- The characters are fun to read. Angelique and Shane are both interesting. Their interactions are quite fun to read. The chemistry is there too.
- The intimate moments between Angelique and Shane are quite bone melting inducing. I think Ms. Michele Richard is really good at writing intimate scenes without making it feel too much.
- Angelique is a strong female character. Sometimes, I didn't understand her and she frustrates me but I think that's good because that makes her more interesting. She's not a passive character.
- I liked the intensity of the emotions that these characters felt and gave out to the readers.
What I didn't liked:
- The way the romance played out was kind of too fast for me. I understand that it's all part of the main plot that Angelique and Shane have this instant connection but I hoped that the author made it more in touch with the reality. I liked Angelique and Shane's chemistry and the romance part could have been a lot better if the author let the romance build up first before making them a couple.
- Some of the interactions between the characters felt too forced. I think this is the result of how the romance was played out.
- There are a lot of characters in it. I do think it was nice to have other characters inside the book other than the main couple but I think that there are too much characters in it that they confuse me. I think it would have been much better if those other characters are introduced in a way that a reader would remember them. I think if only they were introduced in a way that would make their own mark, they wouldn't confuse the reader.
More about the Author:
Michele Richard is the proud mother of 2 daughters. Married since 1997 to a wonderful husband, who for 25 years has been her best friend and supporter. Being an overly creative and caring person, she has been a volunteer co-leader for the Girl Scout Troop for five years. She takes great pride in teaching and guiding our future generations.
Her desire to continue her education drove her to attend night classes at Waltham High School. She refuse to just let life be. There is too much to learn than to stand by and watch it go by. Though she is not fluent yet in either, she has learned to speak French and Spanish in school. One day her dream is to be fluent in both.
”I supposed that makes me a lover of languages. Never stop learning is my motto.”
Travel is one of her great passions. Having seen the beaches of the Bahama’s, Aruba and Mexico to the deserts of Utah and Arizona, her personal favorite was bicycling down Mount Vail and standing on top of the Intercontinental Divide, followed closely by the Grand Canyon.
“America is truly a beautiful place to see. I recommend seeing as much of it as you can.”
I started writing with a flawed theory that a manuscript need to be complete and perfect before anyone would even want to read it, never mind publish it. the first thing I learned was it took a whole team of people to make a novel.
Most readers never appreciate the number of people that work on a single book for print. People I have a great amount of respect for.
That being said, I started my adventure by submitting three stories into a four genre contest. As it would have it, they wanted my Young Adult story. the pre-order for this novel began on Jan. 25, 2011.
Where to Buy: