Hi my loves! I'm back with another blog tour! This time, I'm reviewing a book entitled Ransom which is the second book of Redemption Series written by R.K. Ryals. I'm sure, if you've been here a lot, you're now familiar with this series because I've featured its book trailer and I've been raving about it for the past few weeks. I love love love this series! I'm such a fan! Anyways, I'm going to tell you what I loved about it! Plus, there's a bonus giveaway! I know you're all gonna love this! By the way, before I forgot, this fabulous tour was organized by CBLS Promotions.
If you haven't read Redemption, please don't read this review.
Read my Redemption Review first in here:
File Size: 453 KB
Paperback: 276 pages
Kindle Buying Link: Ransom (Redemption Series)
Paperback Buying Link: Ransom (Redemption Series Book II )
Vengeance is the path of the Damned. It is not a path taken lightly. For a Naphil, it could mean ransoming his soul.
Dayton Blainey is caught between two worlds: Heaven and Hell. Bound to a Demon she's beginning to care about, she is thrown into an adventure she may not survive.
But she will try.
Separated from her friends, she is forced to use powers she just discovered she had while surviving the wrath of a Demon queen.
She will be tested.
And in the search for a ring that may unbind her from Marcas Craig, Dayton will discover that the bond between an Angel and a Demon goes much deeper than blood.
She will endure.
I actually don't know where to start with this. But here it goes, Ransom is absolutely one of the most incredible books I've ever read!
Ransom is just so perfect to me. If you've read my past reviews, you'd know that I'm not really good with YAs and Self Published books but these past few months I've recovered my love for YAs, it was something I've lost these past few years, I don't know when or how I lost it. I just did. I chucked it up to finally out growing YAs. I'm quite happy and surprised that I've learned how to appreciate the good sides of YAs again. I can definitely say that those things that I love in YAs and Paranormal Romances can all be found in Ransom.
Ransom started in where Redemption ended. It's really good! You know, I said before that Redemption is good then you must definitely read Ransom because it's even better! Everything has been upgraded! The romance, the action scenes, the interactions of the characters are just so fascinating.
I've decided to make a list of what I liked and disliked from this book. I wanted it to be clear for everyone to see.
What I liked:
- I loved the plot! The plot was amazingly executed! The battle between good and evil and everything in between them is so fascinating. Every scene and every action has a meaning. I appreciated how Ms. R.K. Ryals continued this book from the first one. It just becomes more exciting and intense as I turn another page!
- All the characters are amazing! Each one of them will make a mark on you. They are so real! You can see how they develop and mature. Especially Marcas and Dayton! They are the realest and most alive characters I've ever encountered. I think of them as if they are real. And the minor characters are also awesome! They have a purpose on why they were in this book. They weren't just put there to be a decor. I think Ms. R.K. Ryals succeeded on making her characters alive which most authors failed in doing. You can feel the love of the author to the characters she created because she gave them a reason to be there.
- The conversations, lines and interactions between the characters are fascinatingly natural. The flow of the conversations and interactions are not forced. They are funny when they are meant to be funny. I felt the sadness and hurt when they were meant to be felt that way. I felt the giddiness when Marcas and Dayton are interacting in a way that would suggest romance. I felt anger when things are bad. That's what I meant when I said, it was all so natural. As a reader, you weren't forced to make yourself feel a certain way just because you wanted to feel something for the book you are reading. This book is so natural because it would make you feel all of these emotions because it's simply makes you feel that way. It tugs at your heart and it affects you.
- The love triangle was done in a tasteful way! In the first book, I said there was a hint of a love triangle in there. You know, I'm not good with love triangles maybe because I'm just so sick with them! (Probably why I gave up on YAs in the past) But Ms. R.K. Ryals created a triangle that is not annoying nor irritating. I think it came out that way because she let the relationships go its own way. It wasn't forced to be a love triangle, it just became that way because it makes sense that way. She let those feelings of the characters go into a natural direction. Marcas and Dayton's relationship blossomed into something more while Dayton's relationship with Connor became clearly just friendship. Feelings were viewed in a more realistic way. And I absolutely loved how Ms. R.K. Ryals resolved this triangle. I loved how she did it without over complicating things. It was tasteful and done right!
- The romance between Marcas and Dayton is so good! I liked how gradual the romance blossomed. I'm actually amazed at how they progress from enemies to frienimies to real friends to feeling something more and then to definitely being something more. I love how their emotions and confusions were clearly shown! They weren't magically together because they were thrown together. They went through a process together. Their relationship progressed up to that point because of the challenges and experiences they had together. It was something so fascinating to see in a YA book. The impossibility of the relationship because of WHO they are is something that even I as a reader muddles over. I guess that's why I wanted their love to win against everything. I root for them to be together because even I can't see how they can resolve the problem. I really feel for them.
- The relationship of Dayton with her friends is so heart warming to read. This is actually one of my favorite parts in this series. Dayton's relationship with Monroe and Connor is so good. I just loved reading their scenes together. I feel the friendship, the love and protectiveness that they have for each other. It was really nice because it makes you want to have them as your friends because they have each others backs. No matter how bad the situation is, they don't abandon their friends. I just love the friendship these three have!
- The action scenes makes your heart pound so loud! These scenes are so good because I see them inside my head like it's a movie! It was so good!
- The ending! I'm just going to say how much I love the ending. It was perfectly done! I'm not going to say how it ended, just that, it feels right to end it that way. Mind you, there is another book after Ransom. It's the conclusion of this series and I am eagerly waiting for that book which is hopefully coming on May.
What I didn't like:
- None! I absolutely liked everything! Everything that happened inside that book is so natural and it all felt right, like it's supposed to happen that way and because of that there is absolutely nothing I didn't like.
Overall, reading Ransom is like seeing it inside your head like a movie. Every scene and every line seems so natural that it could be seen inside your head and could be felt inside your heart which I think is why this book is so special because it has that ability to take you to a big adventure of self-discovery and make you experience a great heart-felt romance! If you want to experience everything that is written in this review then you have to hurry and read this series!
About the Author:
Born in Jackson, Mississippi, R. K. Ryals is a scatterbrained mother of three whose passion is reading whatever she can get her hands on. She makes her home in Mississippi with her husband, three daughters, a Shitzsu named Tinkerbell, and a coffeepot she couldn't live without.
She is currently working on Retribution: Book 3 in the Redemption Series.
Website/Blog - http://rkryals.blogspot.com
Where to Buy:
This Giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY!
All entries are checked for accuracy and will be validated. Clicking on "enter" ensures that your task has been completed. If your task has not been completed, your entry will not be counted and will be considered invalid.
If you are chosen as the winner of this contest and you have not completed the task(s) that you claim to complete, a new winner will be randomly chosen. So please be sure that you have completed a task before clicking "enter".
Thank you for your understanding.